Wednesday, September 10, 2008

19 months



Here's a quick shot from last night, the first time Mia opened her eyes since coming out of the surgery 9 hours earlier. The anesthesia hit her pretty hard, and I can only assume that recovery from surgery is a massive drain of her already limited energy. I stayed at the hospital with her last night and she was resting without too much discomfort. She wasn't too happy when she realized her arms were restrained to prevent her from putting her hands anywhere near her face. She did her best to break free, but eventually surrendered and fell back asleep.

We're hoping they can remove the breathing tube today, and they said they will as soon as she's a little more awake and aware. She's breathing fine on her own, but there is swelling from the cleft surgery and if her air way became blocked after the tube came out, getting it back in would be a challenge to say the least. They opted to leave it in as a precaution.

Hopefully we can get her home tomorrow, but as with everything so far it all depends on Mia. She'll let us know when she's ready to go.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

6 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I remember when I came out of surgery, the nurse held my toes, and spoke softly to me. It help very much in a very hard experience. All my love to Mia, she is strong.

Love, Uncle Johnny

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Noah, Francesca & Mia. I am happy to hear that the surgery went well and Mia is recovering. My prayers are with you all & I hope that Mia is home soon! Love Jess

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the updates. glad to hear the surgery went well. must've been all those good vibes coming out from the west coast! take care

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Peter Ciccariello said...

Hello Noah, Francesca & Mia,
Thanks for sending out the updates, my thoughts are with the three of you.

Love to you...

- Peter Ciccariello

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are keeping her in our prayers. Thanks so much for the picture. We love you and give her kisses from California.
Love,
Mary Kate & Adam

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that Mia is doing well after the surgery. She's a tough little peanut. I love you all and I hope to be making a trip up to Boston soon. Give her tons of kisses for me.

Love, Elizabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home