Saturday, July 21, 2007

Just when we thought we were out.....


Good morning.


At rest.

The family Zingarelli took a trip back to the hospital on Friday. All is good, and we're back home now, but it was a very nerve racking 24 hours. The long short of it is Mia was having some really bad acid reflux and was doing some very unusual spitting up and even throwing up. The actual spit up was not that unusual, but what had us concerned is that she never does it, at least not like she was. Anyway we were concerned that something was going on either with her G tube or worse that she was having more seizures.



I haven't really written about Mia getting seizures, but she was in fact having them. They had started in May but we didn't even realize they were seizures until a little while later. Her neurologist diagnosed it, and with some med treatment they cleared right up. She hasn't had any in over a month. The way she was acting during her spitup incidents this past week had us concerned that a new type of seizure had developed. We figured better safe than sorry and brought her to the emergence room.


The EEG that discovered the seizures. 6/4/07


Wired 6/4/07


She's a good sport. 6/4/07

After many exams from all of her great doectors at the hospital, the general consensus was that she was simply having really bad reflux. Relieved, we left the hospital last night. We're really happy to be back home and the girls are sleeping quite peacefully as I write this.

Here are a couple more pics from our trip back to LI July 4th week. I took them with my camera phone and finally got around to putting them on the computer.



It was a perfect July day, warm and sunny, not too humid. Just me and the little one sitting on the front porch taking it all in. Pretty much paradise.

8 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mia's smile IS Paradise..what an amazing little girl she is..and what amazing parents she has chosen. Miss you so much - but the new pix help alot!!
Love you three! MommaDonna xoxoxox

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new set of pictures have a Renoir quality. They seem like a dream, and convey a feeling of peace and love. Good show kids. Love, Popaa and Ms M

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow isn't she just a darling!!!! I lost touch for a while there,I'm sorry, but I have sat down tonight to catch up with you guys especially, I've been showing my mum the pics too and she says Mia is an absolute angel. I think about you lots and lots, and francesca I miss you dearly, but seeing these pics makes me happy.
BIG SQUEEZE,
Chloe x x x x
Send me your number, would love to talk to you guys sometime. Can you believe I'm finally going to NYC in sept.
;-)

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know from having my girls, that in the middle of the night, when one of them had a fever, or puking, or something strange which we couldn't explain, it was so scary with a feeling of helplessness. Taking care of children is so hard sometimes. One of the hardest things in life to do. With Mia's medical troubles it must make it even that much harder. I know the fear that I go through with my oldest, Danica, having the same heart disease (Marfan) which I and Oak, and Peter and Abbey and others have and had. ugh. You guys just hang in there. It seems like you both are doing such a beautiful job with it all. The love I see between the two of you and Mia is special. I wish you all the strength in the world to keep you going. All my love to you's.

Uncle Johnny

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW. WE ALWAYS START OUR DAY WITH A VISIT TO THE BLOG. AND VISIT IT OFTEN DURING THE DAY. IT'S AN OASSIS IN OUR DAY WHERE TENDER MOMENTS ARE FEW. LOVE TO ALL, POPAA AND MS.M

 
At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Francesca, Noah, "Aunt Martha", "Uncle Jerry" and to all the extended family...Mia is just beautiful and one very lucky baby to be surrounded by such a loving and caring family. Francesca and Noah, you are incredible parents...your love for Mia shines through in each and every photo. Martha and Jerry, your energy never fails to amaze me. You are both very special people. I hope to get to SH to see precious Mia before the summer is over.
Love,
Lorri (Annie's friend from CT)

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always checking to see what the update is on your family. Having kids is sooo hard but soooo rewarding.

Love hearing your stories. They put life into prespective.

Best to all of you
Melissa

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

August 10, 2007

Happy Six Months Birthday
Wonderful Mia Bella!!

With All My Love,
Grandma Donna
xoxoxoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home